Quick to prepare and even quicker to cook, these prawn skewers are great as part of a tapas spread or as a barbeque dish. Serve with lemon wedges and maybe some aioli. Smoked paprika is a delicious ingredient and you can choose whether to use the sweet or hot variety depending on your target audience and their spice tolerance. As this is such an easy recipe, it is not too much bother to split the marinade into half sweet and half spicy…just remember which is which when serving! You could also add cherry tomatoes or little piquant peppers in between the prawns to make them go a little further.
- 12 large prawns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp smoked spanish parika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together then mix the prawns in by hand to ensure a thorough coating, without damaging the delicate flesh.
- Cover and leave in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Thread onto pre-soaked wooden skewers, alternating with cherry tomatoes or small, jarred piquant peppers if desired.
- Cook under a hot grill for 1 or 2 minutes each side until prawns are opaque,
Share this Recipe