This soup is a lovely hearty and warming lunch to enjoy in the autumn and winter months and it is super easy. I used wild harvested chestnuts, but you can use tinned or vacuum packed ones. Actually, it makes it even quicker as peeling 400g of boiled chestnuts is quite labour intensive if truth be told!
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 sage leaves chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400 grammes chestnuts cooked and peeled
- 100 ml creme fraiche
- If you are using raw chestnuts, boil them and leave to cool before skinning.
- Cook the diced onion in a pan, coated with a few squirts of Frylight, over a low heat for 15 minutes or so. Once softened add the garlic and sage and stir for a minute.
- Pour in the freshly made stock and add the chestnuts. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend, check and adjust seasoning finally adding the creme fraiche.
Share this Recipe