- 1 red pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 2 Finely chopped onions
- 160 grammes mushrooms
- 160 grammes frozen peas
- 160 grammes frozen sweetcorn
- 200 grammes long grain rice easy cook
- 300 ml vegetable stock (plus a little more if the mixture starts to dry up before rice is cooked)
- Finely chop the onions, pepper, carrots and mushrooms and saute until soft in a few squirts of Fry Light.
- Add the rice and stir till it is well mixed with the vegetables before adding the stock. Bring the mixture to a low simmer, cover and cook for around 20-25 minutes until the stock is absorbed. Check after 10 minutes or so (and at regular intervals thereafter) to make sure it hasn’t boiled dry and add more stock or hot water as necessary.
- Cook the peas and sweetcorn separately and strain and mix in once the rice is cooked.
Share this Recipe