You wouldn’t know these are good for you as they are so moist and satisfying.
- 175 g Chopped, stoned dates
- 100 g Chopped, dried apricots
- 150 ml Water
- 250 g Flora Light
- 25 g Soft brown sugar
- 175 g Plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 200 g Rolled oats
- Place the dates and apricots in a small pan with the water and simmer for 10 minutes until soft and blitz quickly with a wand.
- Meanwhile, melt the Flora and sugar in a pan then stir in the flour, baking powder and oats. Press half this mixture into the base of a lined 23x28cm baking tin and cover with the fruit paste.
- Using your fingers, crumble the remaining oat mix over the top to cover evenly and press down.
- Bake at 180 degrees c (350 F, Gas 4) for 30 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack and cut into 16 (roughly 225cal) squares. Wrap each in cling-film and freeze.
Share this Recipe